Tying up loose ends, application updates.
Banner of the month
This month we’ll talk about what could be considered a veteran organisation in the struggle for our online civil liberties, including our fundamental right to privacy: the Electronic Frontier Foundation, aka EFF.
EFF’s mission is to ensure that technology supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world. – from eff.org
Founded in 1990 in the US, EFF has always been a very active organisation, and took part in all important campaigns to defend our digital rights. A natural ally of Free and Open Source Software, encryption adoption, file sharing; EFF today uses the unique expertise of leading technologists, activists, and attorneys in their efforts to defend free speech online, fight illegal surveillance, advocate for users and innovators, and support freedom-enhancing technologies.
Considering some of the best and some of the worst digital tendencies come from the US, it is somewhat comforting to know that EFF is there to alert us about the all-too-often many attacks made on our digital liberties.
To support their work, one can make a donation or buy promotional clothing here.
We wish EFF a happy 30 years anniversary , and hope that they will continue their amazing work for a lot longer.
We are still waiting for the opening of the organisation’s bank account. Our request was made 3 weeks ago, but we are still being told that it hasn’t been validated yet. For this reason, we haven’t yet started to contact our upcoming members. Please keep your donations as usual for now.
The following applications have been upgraded to their latest stable versions:
- Mobilizon - release 1.1.0 got a fair bit of fixes and some new functionalities, see CHANGELOG here
Reminder: Important maintenance will show in advance on our calendar, which you can follow if you want to, by following the ical feed.
- This month we addressed a long-standing issue about the backups roll-over.
Bugs and issues
There was an issue with Gantt diagram on Kanboard, which was due to another plugin which needed upgrading. Gantt diagrams are now working again.
Our road map now includes:
- Upgrade the last 3 servers to the latest release.
- We are yet to start organising monthly discovery sessions to ease out first contact with people interested in Nomagic.
- Keep on implementing security/privacy policies.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) so that Nomagic users won’t have to authenticate on each and every service in their Web browser.
- Rent another server to handle our increasing load and allow for new services.