Navigation toolbar v1.0, static website hosting, ongoing maintenances and upgrades, upcoming Peertube upgrade to v2.2.0.
Banner of the month
This month we are promoting nyob - My privacy is none of your business, a non-profit organisation based in Austria. We found out about nyob via the Fediverse, as they recently released an open Letter on “confidential” dealings in the Facebook case.
- About nyob noyb.eu is a European data protection non-profit that tries to ensure GDPR enforcement. noyb.eu is funded by more than 3,200 supporting members. The noyb.eu team of 15 people include GDPR lawyers and tech experts from different EU member states. So far, noyb.eu has filed more than 20 GDPR complaints on different matters and against companies such as Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, DAZN, SoundCloud, and Netflix.
We recommend you check them out and advertise around, as they are looking for more supporting members.
Not the website directly, but the navigation toolbar (aka navbar) has been updated and a display issue has been fixed on Seafile for the PDF viewer.
We have released an article with all the sources used for the toobar on our blog.
Static website hosting
We will soon be adding to our catalogue a static website hosting solution, which, in basic words, means a place to copy and paste web content that will be served on a subdomain of Nomagic, at
Things are already in place but the documentation needs to be done. The web repository will be accessible via both console and graphical user interface tools.
This means that you will be able to develop your personal webpage, website, blog, etc. with a static website generator tool like Jekyll, Hugo, Pelican, etc.
Documentation will provide recommended practices and a full example with a Hugo website. Stay tuned and don’t hesitate to reach out on Matrix/Riot if you want to apply for your personal website.
This will not replace the WordPress blog hosting offer, still available on-demand.
The following applications were upgraded to their latest stable version this month:
Funkwhale now supports channels, both for artists to host contents and for users to subscribe to channels / podcasts. A quick example has been added to the wiki.
The main server has been upgraded to its latest version. We are seeing some signs of memory pressure, which is somewhat expected considering the number of services and the higher demands in public services that occurred during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Reminder: Important maintenance will show in advance on our calendar, which you can follow if you want to, with the ical feed.
Bugs and issues
- Lufi will not be returning to its initial frontend, as the same issues had started showing after our last attempt. It has proven very stable behind our Nginx reverse proxy, so it will stay there.
- We are facing short-time issues almost daily in regards to our load-balancers. It usually doesn’t last more than 15 minutes, but needs further attention and a fix. Hopefully this will be addressed this month.
Our road map now includes:
- Peertube latest version v2.2.0 now includes compatibility with LDAP , which means we will be able to plug it to our centralised authentication system.
- Follow up Pleroma issue to follow Peertube accounts.
- Install a dedicated server to implement gitlab CD/CI functions (through gitlab-runner).
- Update all servers to the latest release.
- Keep on implementing security/privacy policies.
- Implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) so that Nomagic users won’t have to authenticate on each and every service in their Web browser.